Candidate Selection & Qualification, discover what it will mean for you and how it will save you time and money.
Our Two Stage Candidate Selection & Qualification.
The first part of our Candidate Selection Process is the ‘Initial qualification interview’ to determine and establish:
1. Interest/Motivation (desire to move away from current position and willingness to consider this opportunity). This can be developed by the Consultant but it must be real.
2. Qualification (ability to do the role and meeting academic qualifications, functional match, languages, competencies etc.)
3. Current and desired salary requirements. (It’s not the biggest factor in deciding a candidates interest, but it can be a show stopper).
4. Location and flexibility to relocate, travel, work away, work internationally. (This is another showstopper if not clear from the outset)
5. Consistency including Shape of the CV, stability in roles, consistency of achievement. (An inconsistent CV is a red flag, there can be good reasons for quick job changes but now is the time for explanation)
Second stage interview to establish real desire, ability, culture and character of the candidate.
This will normally use Online Video Interviewing so you can see the candidates answers first hand. Here are the questions we ask:
1. Describe your understanding of this opportunity. (We need to be sure the candidates has the right understanding to prevent misconception.)
2. Why you left your last role OR What will motivate you to leave your current role. (This is push motivation, it’s essential to have this in passive candidates to ensure they leave their current role).
3. What Interests and excites you about this opportunity, (this is the pull factor, this must exist though not sufficient enough on its own without push factor).
4. Describe your current Duties & Responsibilities and track record OR your Last Duties Responsibilities and track record.
5. Describe the role you have done most relevant to this opportunity, why it is relevant and what you achieved.
6. Describe at least one significant achievement relevant to this opportunity, the difference you made and the contribution to your business. (Past Performance predicts future performance).
7. Describe the achievement, either personal or professional that you are most proud of. (Top Achievers achieve in many ways, establishing other areas of achievement demonstrates an achievement mentality.)
Candidates are presented, either by Video, (a recording of the Video Interview described above) and will come with a copy of the CV as well as the consultants observation and recommendations.
Or with our CV header which will include:
- Relevant Education, Qualifications and Training
- The candidate Motivation to consider your opportunity
- Their top two or three achievements relevant to the role
- Consultants observations & Recommendations
- Their current and desired remuneration
- Availability for interview and notice period
- A copy of the candidates CV
In addition to these extensive screening interviews we can also arrange:
- Reference checks, taken to verify the candidates achievements and CV. 2 reference of, usually, previous employer or client, exceptionally can be peer or subordinate worker.
- Behavioural Profiling to match the candidate to the profile of the job and your team.
Talk to us today about how our candidate screening process will make an impact on your recruitment process